Take Control of Your Privacy: How to Stop Facebook from Announcing Your Birthday
Welcome to our blog post on how to stop Facebook from announcing your birthday to your friends! Birthdays are a special occasion, and while it can be nice to receive well wishes from loved ones, you may not want the whole world (or even just your Facebook friends) to know when your big day is. Fortunately, it’s easy to take control of your privacy and stop Facebook from announcing your birthday to your friends.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to adjust your privacy settings and keep your birthday under wraps. Whether you want to celebrate quietly or just want more control over your personal information on Facebook, this guide will help you turn off those pesky birthday notifications. So let’s get started!
How to Stop Facebook from Announcing Your Birthday
To stop Facebook from announcing your birthday to your friends, follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your device and log in to your account.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Tap on “Settings & Privacy” and then select “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Privacy.”
- Tap on “Birthday” under the “Your Activity” section.
- Tap on the toggle next to “Public” to turn off birthday announcements to your friends.
Alternatively, you can also stop Facebook from announcing your birthday by adjusting your privacy settings on the Facebook website. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Facebook website and log in to your account.
- Click on the arrow in the top right corner of the screen and select “Settings & Privacy.”
- Click on “Settings.”
- In the left column, click on “Privacy.”
- Under the “Your Activity” section, click on “Edit” next to “Birthday.”
- In the “Who can see your birthday in your profile?” section, select “Only Me.”
- Click on “Save Changes” to turn off birthday announcements to your friends.
By following these steps, you can prevent Facebook from announcing your birthday to your friends and maintain control over your privacy on the platform.
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured Our Site? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org