Fully Funded 2021-2022 Chevening Scholarship (All You Need To Know)
The UK Government Chevening Scholarships is accepting applications for 2021/2022 Chevening Scholarships for graduates from developing countries. The scholarship is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), with further contributions from universities and other partners in the UK and overseas, including governmental and private sector bodies.
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
Host: UK Universities
Eligible Fields of Study
Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of field of students including:
- the media
- the environment
- civil society
- and many more
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with strong academic backgrounds and also have demonstrable leadership potential. The scholarship offers financial support to study for a Master’s degree at any of the UK’s leading universities and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of over 50,000 alumni.
These scholarships represent a significant investment from the UK government to develop the next cohort of global leaders.
Thing You Should Have Before Applying
Before Preceding to start your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Three different UK master’s course choices
- English language test results (if you’ve already met the requirements)
- UK master’s university offer (if you’ve already met the requirements)
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country. See the countries here
- Be willing to return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 15 July 2021
As Chevening Scholarships are fully-funded, your award includes the following:
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- Travel grants to attend Chevening events in the UK
The scholarship last for One year after which the beneficiary will have to return to his or her country of citizenship.
To apply for a Chevening Scholarship, you must complete and submit an online Chevening application form. It is important to go through the application instructions on the scholarship webpage before applying.
Chevening Scholarships are funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), with further contributions from universities and other partners in the UK and overseas, including governmental and private sector bodies.
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.
Applications for 2021/2022 Chevening Scholarships Started on 6 August 2020@ 12:00 BST and is scheduled to end on 3 November 2020 @ 12:00 BST.
- You will be notified if you have been selected for an interview by mid-February 2020.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to submit two references to your application by 4 March 2020.
- If you submitted your initial application without your English language test results or your unconditional offer letter, you can still upload them to your application by the 11 July 2020 deadline.
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured Our Site? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org